• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rowdy0_14
    Private First Class

• Feb 2009

Major newbie!

I'm running a website now, taken over from someone else, running on another host service. The domain has been renewed for three years. I am completely revamping the website to the best of my ability - redone pages, new pages, etc. and I intend to sign up with VH in the next few days - got more work to do yet. When I sign up, I want to let my site on the other host just die on the vine and start with you guys simultaneously. What's the recommended procedure?

Also, is it possible to change the size of the buttons on the Navigation bar (I want them smaller)? And what is the recommended page size - I'm using 850 across, 700 down right now - is there a better one to use?

I find the website builder very handy - you guys seem to have it covered.
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Major newbie!

Hi, if the domain has been renewed for three years, you can just point the domain at the VH servers & carry on using it. It would be a good idea to name your new pages exactly the same that you have with the site on the server you are using now. (if possible)
    Page widths can be from as small as you want to 985 wide to be ok on most screens. They can be as long as you wish. Couple of tips on setting the page up.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
    X