• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stevo
    Second Lieutenant

• Dec 2007

Please Look it Over

www.irstnorcal.com

Would appreciate any comments and suggestions you may have. This is my first site and I put it together for my company. Was bound by corporate guidelines re several things such as page size, white background, etc.

Thank you for taking the time.

Steve
  • karel
    Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

Re: Please Look it Over

Hi Steve, You have started well but there are a few things that you may want to consider.

1. The home page really needs more content, there is nothing on there at all to say what you do, you need to do this for customers and the search engines alike.

2.There is a blurred pic on this page http://www.irstnorcal.com/dealer_services.html don't know what has happened but it is just a blur, also you may want to change the pic on this page, it looks like it has not loaded properly, http://www.irstnorcal.com/end_user_services.html that is your choice though.

3. You would be better centring your pages, they are to the left hand side of the page at the moment.

4. It seems all the products take people to a separate website, not sure how this will go down with customers, it looks like your are promoting different companys, although they maybe all connected to you, this is what it seems, but I think it would put me off a bit as though you are just a referrer, but probably not a lot you can do about that.

Good luck with it, surprised you have restrictions with colours and widths, seems strange.

Paul
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

• Stevo
      Second Lieutenant

• Dec 2007

Many thanks for your reply and and very helpful input. I didn't include much background in my initial post as I didn't want to inhibit responses. So, now I'll mention that the focus of this site isn't for the world-at-large, but, rather, it's to be used by our existing external customers: architects, direct-dealers and end users, who know who we are and what we do. Hence, I agree the home page may not say much to those outside our sphere.

The blurred picture on the Dealer Services page did, in fact load properly. That's the way it is where I lifted it from a sister-company's site. But you've confirmed that I need to change it and I'll do so asap. Thanks!

Thanks also for pointing-out the issue of centering the pages. I agree it would be preferable and I'll check with powers-that-be as to whether I can make that change. Our product lines' sites are nearly all to left side and I was asked to be as consistent as possible with them in that regard.

The Product menu represents those product lines for which we are factory representatives. Our customers often need product details and this will be a portal for them to that information. So, yes, we are in that sense promoting those (our) companies.

I have PAGES of 'guidelines' (read 'restrictions') relating to sizes, by pixel, no less, of various site objects, banners, pictures, specific colors, etc. And the corporate watchdogs are everywhere!

Paul, I can't thank you enough for your having taken your valuable time to provide input. I'll make the adjustments where I'm able to do so and your comments and suggestions were most appreciated.

Again, thank you very much.

Steve

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Very well done, looks professional and business like.

The image in your index page of blurred people walking looks dirty visually
        and should be changed to a better image.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• Stevo
          Second Lieutenant

• Dec 2007

Thank you, Zuriatman, for your kind comments and your suggestion. I'll search for a better index page picture.

Thanks again!

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

You know....I'm up in San Ramon and don't have a problem getting together for lunch to help you out a bit in person (if you'd like)!

Email Me via This Site
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• TWO CATS
              First Lieutenant

• Feb 2006

Hi Steve
              I think the sire looks very professional and easy to navigate ,only negative for me was, as already stated it looks like a new website for each company which is a bit off puting also why have a home button on those pages when it goes nowhere?you have to close the page to get back to your index page.Is this what you wanted?
              two cats
              www.magicpallete.com
              www.catpetalogue.com

Comment

• Stevo
                Second Lieutenant

• Dec 2007

Originally posted by TWO CATS View Post
                also why have a home button on those pages when it goes nowhere?you have to close the page to get back to your index page.Is this what you wanted?
                Two Cats, thanks for your reply and comments. Re the Home button, when you say "on those pages when it goes nowhere", which pages specifically are the "those pages" you're referring to? Sorry, I'm a little thick sometimes and regret I don't understand what you mean.

Thanks again.

Comment

• MADinMelbourne
                  Second Lieutenant

• Dec 2007

Hi Steve, looks like you've adhered to corporate guidelines to maintain a professional image. Do you have to have the word 'tel' before the telephone number on the our team page? I figure if the word tel wasn't there, the phone number would move up a line, making space for the map at the bottom... and I'm sure you know only half words are showing on the drop down menus and the fax number on the bottom of the home page probably needs more space so that it lines up with the rest of the contact details. Pat yourself on the back, looks great.
                  www.madinmelbourne.com.au
                  the ART of Making A Difference

Comment

• Stevo
                    Second Lieutenant

• Dec 2007

Hi M-in-M,

Thanks a lot. Appreciate your comments. You're no doubt using a browser other than Internet Explorer and that would account for the format problems you see on my site. If you wish to try IE, you'll see that those problems don't exist there. I have at least one BV post asking about setting-up site to be more browser-friendly. However, no one has replied as yet.

Have determined that no BV "Theme" menu bars work properly on non-IE browsers...only the Default menu bar will work. However, the default is so 'vanilla', coupled with the fact that most (?) people use IE, has made me just leave the menu bars that way. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Again, thank you for taking the time.

Steve
                    www.irstnorcal.com

Comment

• john777
                      Sergeant Major

• Oct 2007

Hey nice site..I would put your sponsers ie..nascar and stuff at the bottom of your page
                      good work
                      John

Comment

• Stevo
                        Second Lieutenant

• Dec 2007

John,

Thanks for the suggestion! Done.

Steve

Comment

• beegud2
                          Major General

• Apr 2006

Hi Steve,

A ver ynice professional site and I can see you've already gotten some great feedback. My only thing is to center your pages. Other than that..great job and good luck with the internet side of business. Oh and welcome to VH.
                          Beezz
                          sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Welcome back, yerself, Queenie!
                            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• whiteshepherd
                              Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

well done ... congratulations ... it looks good ...
                              kym, merlin & tala
                              creating white majick
                              www.whiteshepherds.com.au
                              www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
                              www.merlinsmajick.com
                              www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Working...
                              X