X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of Image Problems after Publishing

www.pavetesting.com

NEED HELP !
    I thought this web site creation would be relatively easy. Everything was going great until i published.

In short, my web site is degrading each day. Each time i go back to look at it there is another graphic error. I have followed the advise on other threads including :

1. I renamed the logos, (removing the spaces and replaced the uppercase letters).

2. I then deleted the logo and reinserted

3. I have deleted all of my Computers temp files, cookies, history.

4. I have hit F5 multiple time – and once in a while some parts of the page load correctly. But when I go back to the page it has failed again.

5. I read a VodaHost community blog that suggests not using the Copy Cut / Paste commands, so I have re constructed the index page with only original content.

No matter what I do I can not get a stable web site !

Can someone please look at my web site and tell me what you see, When it starts to download you will see my company logos and background shapes load, then they disappear.

PLEASE HELP.

Re: Lots of Image Problems after Publishing

Hi, no relation to traveln'man, then??

this may confuse you somewhat but when I opened your site in FF everything looks just fine!!??? No disappearing logos or background images.......... must be another problem not connected to BV
    (1 small thing & I know you haven't finished yet but there's no link to Home/Index)
    hope you sort everything out....good luck,
    david
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Thanks for looking David, so you can see the company logo over the top of the glass button in the top left corner? Very strange !!!!! (this button is also my link back to the home page).

So then does anyone know what could be removing the images from my computer when I look at my web site? Like I said when the page is loading I can see them, but then they disappear !

Must be something to do with my computer caching, but I have deleted all i can see from temp files and folders !

Barry

Comment

This is what i see. Might be worth running ccleaner on your machine.

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for looking at my site. I have just run CCleaner and no change. I still can not get my web site to load correctly on my computer. When I go to my office tomorrow I will access from other computers to see if I can see the same problem.

Does anyone suggest that I uninstall Blue Voda and re-install? I am running version 11 currently.

I have also run multiple virus scan on this computer and they have found nothing.

Thanks

Comment

...BV11 is still having 1 or 2 BETA problems (soon to be completely fixed - as in the next few days I'm told!) & 1 of the most persistent bugs has to do with link styling??? Can be that's where your problem lies. A lot of folks are uninstalling 11 & re-installing 10 until 11 is 100%......could try it & see
            good luck
            me? I'm patiently waiting LOL...............
            david
            Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

I uninstalled BV 11 and reinstalled BV10. No joy !

This morning I installed Firefox and it is all OK now ! So all of these problems have been linked to some setting within IE6 !

I will stay with Firefox until i get this resolved. But if you have IE6 could you have a quick look at my site and tell me if it looks OK (my company logos stay in position). www.pavetesting.com

Thanks for all your help.

Barry

Comment

Looks fine in F/fox, Google/C, Opera, But no good in IE8.
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

OK then. I hope that someone from BlueVoda reads this thread because that is the third person to tell me that my web site has problems displaying in IE.

HELP BLUEVODA / VODAHOST!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Travellingman View Post
                    OK then. I hope that someone from BlueVoda reads this thread because that is the third person to tell me that my web site has problems displaying in IE.

HELP BLUEVODA / VODAHOST!!!!
                    would post it here as its very unlightly VH will see this thread.
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                    X