Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Startup folder of an addon domain

Hello dear colleagues from the VH forum,

I wanted to ask if someone could explain to me how I can change the startup folder of an addon domain.

I have been looking into it and it seemed to me hat the only way is to delete the addon domain and recreate it with a different startup folder (I hope I'm wrong).

Thanks in advance for all the help,
    pipesportugal

Re: Change Startup folder of an addon domain

Not 100% sure what you mean but why would you want to change the start up folder of an addon domain?

You can add as many addon domains as you like without deleting anything, unless you want to.

You might need to elaborate a bit.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

I can't seem to find other words to explain what I mean.

Everytime in the past that I created an addon domain, it was pointing to a folder with the same name (www/addondomain).
      I have developed a kind of a CMS in php/sqlite that allows me to manage the aspect of the pages.
      In each of these individual folders I had the same php programs duplicated.

I now want to point all my addon domains to www (or public_html), so that I can manage all my addon domains with the same php programs so tahat every change/improving done on the CMS program is immediately available for all the others.

I hope You understand what I mean.

In fact I just want to change the startup of each addon domain to public_html.

Thanks for helping,

Comment

I never really understood the concept of parked domain until now, and from reading other posts it seems that I could have «parked» my domain names instead of making them addon domains.

If I would have used the solution: «parked domains» all my new domains names would point to the www (public_html) folder.

It's just that I have configured my domain names like addon domains, and maybe the solution here is to delete all my addon domains and recreate them but now pointing to the same folder, per example.

I am just afraid that by deleting the addon domains I will also loose and be forced to resetup all the email addresses that are hanging on these addon domains, right ? This wouldn't be good.

Can someone give his opinion please ?

pipesportugal

Comment

OK, because I am not 100% sure with this, hopefully one of the Generals will be along shortly to help you out.
          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Well... here's what I've done.

I have deleted all my addon domains and then recreated them from scratch but pointing all of them to the same folder, which I have called «dynamic» and in which I placed my php programs.

From the point of view of browsing the pages everything is setup and working correctly.

After that I checked the emails on the Mail/Add/Remove/manage accounts option of cpanel and I realized that the emails hanging on the addon domains were also there still intact, so I imagine that this operation of deleting addon domains and recreating them again has done no harm to the email accounts.

Now, I just have to wait until tomorrow to see if people will start calling me complaining for the fact that they are not receiving emails.

I hope not.

Thank You all.
            pipesportugal

Comment

Just to close the thread.

No harm has been done to the email accounts.

I can testify that one can remove addon domains and recreate them without no harm done to the emails.

Cheers all,
              pipesportugal

Comment

Working...
              X