Is there any advantage to transferring domains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any advantage to transferring domains

I have a domain that is hosted elsewhere. Is there an advantage to going ahead and transferring it to Vodahost versus just redirecting? I would rather have it hosted on vodahost.
    Cindy Smentowski

Re: Is there any advantage to transferring domains

Pointing the name servers to Voda will work just the same. No real difference.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

That's what I needed. I tried to transfer it, and even though it's unlocked, and I'm the administrator, technical person, etc., I never got an email from Voda Host to confirm. When I sent a support ticket, they responded quickly that I should have received one and if I didn't to cancel and start again. So before I did that, I thought I would check. Thanks Beth!
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

The only difference is that you will continue to renew your domain with your old registrar, and ofcourse you will be billed by him for these renewals. If you could transfer, ALL your invoices would be gathered together under your VH Billing Services account.

No big deal really
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
          The only difference is that you will continue to renew your domain with your old registrar, and ofcourse you will be billed by him for these renewals. If you could transfer, ALL your invoices would be gathered together under your VH Billing Services account.

No big deal really
          Thanks Naval: Well I will transfer it, it is just a matter of when. Since Voda hosts my other domains, my main one is just hanging out there with someone else and I would rather have it here. I'll probably try again soon. thanks
          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Cindy,
            I just noticed something that will hurt you a lot - wanted to send you an email - and could not find ANY contact info on your site. If I was interested in booking, etc - I wouldn't do it from someone with no easy to find contact info including complete address and phone number. I do recommend you add an email also.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
              Cindy,
              I just noticed something that will hurt you a lot - wanted to send you an email - and could not find ANY contact info on your site. If I was interested in booking, etc - I wouldn't do it from someone with no easy to find contact info including complete address and phone number. I do recommend you add an email also.
              Hi Beth and Thank you for the suggestion. I have pondered this one myself. You are right, in that you can find my contact info in one of the pages on the business opportunity side, but not the travel booking side. I hesitate putting it on a page itself, as the last time I did that with a website, I ended up over a period of time, getting 100's of spam mail a day. So I need to take so time and find Davids or Andys contact form and do it in such a way that I don't get all that spam again. Is there something you would recommend?
              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

I recommend using ABVFP. It will alow you to process any form, aborting bot submission. Your email doesn't appear at all, so they cannot list it in a spam database. Also i would recommend having not your email, but a "Contact Us" link, which will open the visitor's email, with your email address encrypted, for the same reason. And a tel. number is a must.
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you Naval! Oh my gosh...that looks complicated for me...but I'll have to close my door and have uninterrupted time when I start that. But that is exactly what I need and I do need to get that done soon. So....I may be getting back in touch with you on that thread when I start. But you always give such good directions...we'll see how well I learn. lol Thanks again.
                  Cindy Smentowski

Comment

You are very welcome. Just build your form, as you want it, and leave the script to me. As for the encrypted email, just visit the link above, type in the text you want to appear in your page, fill in your email address, and the code will be generated. Copy it and paste it in a HTML box in your page, and you're done.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Naval: Ok, that wasn't so bad...your directions were clear enough for a novice like me. I think I've done it. It all seems to test out ok on my end. Can you go have a look and try the form for me? The only problem I see is in the email responders, there is a <BR> appearing in both the receipent's email and mine. How would I eliminate that?

Thank you so much...I really needed this. And thank you Beth for pointing it out, so that I made it a priority!
                      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

I believe in the forms, but also believe in having the email address where people don't have to use the form, nor do they have to have it open a program - why? Because the computers all come configured to open outlook or outlook express and most people never figure out how to change that and then can't use it. If you want to use the web to make money, you have to accept some of the consequences such as spam mail. The easier and more ways you give people to contact you - the more sales you have the potential to make.

And I sent you a message. You can let me know if you got it.
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth: Yes, I did what naval said and also put an encrypted email link on my contact us page right below my phone number. Do you see it? I would like to change the color, but I haven't figured that one out yet.
                          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

I missed the email us - I don't like to use either that or the form - but just sent you a message with the form.
                            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                            SEO - The Basics

Comment

So Beth, if you don't use encrypted email, may I ask...do you get a lot of spam? Or was it just my mis-fortune the last time I had a website and just typed my email address on the web page? I take it then, it doesn't bother you to sort through all the spam?
                              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Working...
                              X