• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RonR
    Private First Class

• May 2006

Add-On Publishing

Greetings,

I've hit a brick wall. I am so frustrated in trying to do an add-on domain that I've spent the money and created another account just to make things simpler for me. I've spent over 20 hours in 3 days trying to get another domain up qnd running in addition to my primary domain. I published my first site this past year without a glitch. I can not get the second site to publish - to save my life. However, after reading and rereading the tutorals and spending countless hours in the forums and submitting two support tickets I'm done. I'll pay for a second hosting plan just to get the new business site up and running.
    I really have enjoyed my experience with VodaHost and will continue to use them. I love the BlueVoda design software. I have extensive experience with Microsoft Publisher and have found that BlueVoda functions in a similar way with the drag and drop and text and graphics applications.
    My suggestion to Brad and the powers that be: Redesign or expand on the add-on publishing tutorals. I know that I made a mistake somewhere along the line, however, I can not rectify the problem to get the second site published.
    What ever you do, don't assume a thing when entering information and setting up accounts, ftp protocol, site names and passwords, etc.

Best Regards,

Ron

www.rons-prophoto.com
    Primary Site
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: Frustrating Add-On Publishing

Ron, if you haven't already purchased, I'd be happy to try to help you - I have 3 add-ons on my account so far.

Sorry you had the problems. And I know just how much something little can cause a big problem. I had one little coding mistake that had one of my add-ons not working for 3 days and I was pulling my hair out and blaming everyone. In the end, it was my own error :( but because the site couldn't be seen by anyone - there was no one else to be eyes for me.

Good luck to you.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

I beleive that you have set the addon but not able to publish ? If so, please post here the error messages you receive, so we can advise.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• LadyEye
        General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

It can take up to 24 or more hours for your add on domain to become effective.

You need to point your two servers that you received in your welcome email to your add on domain. This can be done by signing into your account, top right hand side of your email, (looks like your Billing Services but that is where you go) ... Once inside navigate around clicking on your new add on domain, add the two servers there.

Adding your add-on domain in your control panel under the icon Add-On Domains is the fairly easy part. You probably did not err there ....

Then you need to make a new file for yourself, on your computer, within your Blue Voda files, calling it your add on domain. You then make your very first page and call it index, save it as index (in this new folder your just created) and publish as index to public_html/addondomain

This should be the steps to successfully publish to your add on domain. If you find you cannot publish because you do not have the ip when trying to publish, you may need to download the latest version of blue voda. There has been server changes, and perhaps this has affected you ...

1. Add the Add On Domain in the Control Panel
        2. Point the Servers in your Account to your add on domain
        3. Make an independent file on your computer (Voda adds the file in your public_html for the new add on domain, so that is already done)
        4. Publish independent of your other website .... Main domain - publish to public_html and then for your add on domain publish to public_html/addondomain

If you are successful in accomplishing this now, I would ask for a refund on the other account, it really is unneccessary ...

Good Luck to you.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• RonR
          Private First Class

• May 2006

Re: Add-On Publishing

Greetings,

Thanks for the replys.

I have carefully retraced all of my steps and believe the problem was in setting up the add-on in the cpanel. I think I changed the path and that is my problem. I can publish to the public_html/fireflystudiosphotoraphy folder. I do have the "index.html" file in the folder. However, when I check the properties of the add-on folder or files within, I see that the address is just an extension of my primary address> In other words:
          www.rons-prophoto.com/fireflystudiosphotography/index_html.
          When I type in the web address for fireflystudiosphotography.com all I got was "Index of" Parent Directory & Cigi-bin. With nothing showing up in either of those folders. Customer Support suggested I had a mispelling somewhere - none to be found !
          In a second support ticket Customer Support suggested deleteing the add-on domain in the cpanel and reinstalling it. However, because the add-on is connected to my main folder path, it can not be deleted from the Add-Ons in cpanel. It refuses to be deleted.
          I have followed all of your suggestions to the "T" except in setting up the add-on in the control panel which I think was my fatal error.
          BTW: I received my Welcome Email this morning on my second account and I've been reviewing all of of the tutorals - again.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,
          Ron

Comment

• Bethers
            Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: Add-On Publishing

If you were getting the "index of" when publishing it - somehown the index page didn't get published correctly - but since you now are working in a 2nd account - get it done there - and I look forward to seeing it.

So sorry you had the problems.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
            X