• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sangvtp
    Corporal

• May 2006

domain transfer question

Hi,
    Got Vadahost account here but the domain does not relate to the service. I just got a new domain from Yahoo and is active. Do I have to wait for 90 days before it can be transfered here? (by that time, my account is up for renewal).
    1. Is it worth transferring the new domain to my current vodahost account? (under my circumstance as I have till May 07)
    2.Should I just let my current vodahost account expires and then sign up for a brandnew account with another new domain?
    3. If I sign up for a new Vodahost account, can I have two domain pointing to one site? (one free domain from Vodahost and one that I just got from Yahoo)
    4. Can I just sign up for a new vodahost account now and let the current account runs out as there are only couple months left (not sure if one can have two accounts at the same time)?
    Thanks!!!!!
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Totally confused. Help Needed!

Originally posted by sangvtp
    Hi,
    Got Vadahost account here but the domain does not relate to the service. I just got a new domain from Yahoo and is active. Do I have to wait for 90 days before it can be transfered here? (by that time, my account is up for renewal).
    1. Is it worth transferring the new domain to my current vodahost account? (under my circumstance as I have till May 07)
    2.Should I just let my current vodahost account expires and then sign up for a brandnew account with another new domain?
    3. If I sign up for a new Vodahost account, can I have two domain pointing to one site? (one free domain from Vodahost and one that I just got from Yahoo)
    4. Can I just sign up for a new vodahost account now and let the current account runs out as there are only couple months left (not sure if one can have two accounts at the same time)?
    Thanks!!!!!

just point your domain to your voda servers ... and then in your control panel, add it as an "add-oon Domain" ...
    Don't let your account expire, renew it on renewal date, or a bit before to be sure ....

You can have unlimited domains within one voda hosting account, there is no need for two hosting accounts ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• sangvtp
      Corporal

• May 2006

Re: domain transfer question

Thanks LadyEye! if I just point my domain to the voda servers as you suggested, what will display at the URL (the new domain or the old domain). When I renew with Vodahost, can I make my newly purchased domain that I got from yahoo to be my main domain? Also, when I renew with VodaHost, do they give me another free domain like I got the first time? Thanks again.

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Both domains will appear, as both domains will be hosted on the same account.

Yes, you can have more than one accounts at the same time.

No, leting one of the accounts expire and not renewing it, will result in also losing the domain name.

If you renew the same account, you are NOT entitled to another free domain name. This is a one time offer.

You can change the domain name related with the account at any time, by submitting a support ticket. There is a small fee for that, i beleive.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• sangvtp
          Corporal

• May 2006

Thanks navaldesign!

Comment

Working...
          X