Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unwanted Subdomain

Hi everyone,

Adding an addon domain to my account automatically created a subdomain on my old, main domain. Now when I type addon.com or addon.maindomain.com into the address bar they both open the new site.

I realy don't want that subdomain as these two sites are completely unrelated. This subdomain hurts both of my sites.

How can I get rid of it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

client id#12533
    Agoraphobia Help

Re: Unwanted Subdomain

Hi.. In the C-Panel there is a addon section and a subdomain section.. where you can create or delete... Doug

Comment

You can't. An addon domain is, practically, a folder in your public_html. The addon site has, as default folder, this one. This folder is, for the addon domain, what public_html is for the main domain. So you cannot delete it or you will loose your site.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Doug,
        Thanks for the reply. I don't know if that is possible to do without interfering with the addon domain. They both point to the same folder. Also there is no access to the Stats for addon domain. It seems that statistics can only be seen through "Subdomain Stats".
        Agoraphobia Help

Comment

Thanks Naval,

Can I redirect it in any way so it is not seen as a duplicate site by SEs?
          Agoraphobia Help

Comment

Originally posted by Ace of Hearts
            Thanks Naval,

Can I redirect it in any way so it is not seen as a duplicate site by SEs?
            If there are no internal links between the two sites, SE will not see it as a duplicate site but as an independent site. My own www.dbtechnosystems.com is an addon, and has rank 3 in just 5 months's life
            By internal links, i mean links like http://www.maindomain.com/addondomain/pagename.html . A link like http://www.addondomain.com is NOT an internal link, so it is safe.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Fair enough. So SEs will not index the site as a part of the main domain?
              Also in CP there is a Sub Domain Maintenance section where one can Set Redirection. Should I leave as it is?
              Agoraphobia Help

Comment

If you want the addon to be an independent site, what kind of redirection should you set ? No redirection at all.
                Navaldesign

Comment

OK. Thanks a lot mate. I really appreciate your help.

Cheers
                  Agoraphobia Help

Comment

Working...
                  X