• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mmstaging
    Private First Class

• Oct 2007

Need help with transfer Please

I just started a webite with VH. I built the site with Bluevoda and is now up and running. It is great. I also have another website with another host for my band but it was built by some other person who is not with us anymore. I am the administrator to that site - Host My Site. I want to transfer the name to VH and uplaod another website that I have been working on in bluevoda. I purchased another account with VH and I submited a transfer ticket. I also contacted Hostmysite and they unlocked the site, are waiting for the transfer request and have canceled my account with them. Somehow VH canceled my transfer. I am totally lost as what to do. Please help. My original account is mmstaging.com - My new account is themmband.com
    I have recieved the welcome email with all the pass words for themmband, I have even uploaded all the pages for the new site, but only the old site comes up. How do I fix the mess I created? I'm lost............ Please Help
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Need help with transfer Please

Hi

After you check the below and still find nothing, you will need to submit to support requesting if your transfer can be reinitiated.

or you have another alternative ...

You can log into your current domain registrar, point your domain to voda servers (those two servers being found in your log in information email).
    Next, log into your control panel, choose the icon ADD ON DOMAIN and add this domain ..
    You will then publish your pages for this domain to public_html/nameofdomain - you will need to type that when publishing to that domain and remove it when publishing to your main domain ...

Troubleshooting - Why Do Transfers Fail?
    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/dom...-transfer.html

1) You are not listed as the administrative contact.

2) You did not respond the transfer confirmation email. Please make double sure that you are on the look out for the transfer confirmation email. You will get it within 48 hours of submitting your transfer request.

SOMETIMES: Email gets diverted into your bulk mail or spam folder. Please keep an eye on these folders.

3) You do not own the domain name that you are trying to transfer.

4) Your domain name is less than 60 days old. You can not transfer a domain name that is less than 60 days old ( Don't ask me why, it's the law).

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• mmstaging
      Private First Class

• Oct 2007

Re: Need help with transfer Please

Thanks for the quick reply. I will give it a try. I'm slow, but I'm getting it. You are Great.......Marty

Comment

Working...
      X