• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jodevizes
    Private First Class

• Sep 2009

How can I get my site on Vodahost point to my webstore on Amazon

Hi, I have a webstore on Amazon. I have seen that I can use my own domain for it but I have to point to it via DNS, Can anybody help me please?
    Timeless Fancy
  • jodevizes
    Private First Class

• Sep 2009

Re: How can I get my site on Vodahost point to my webstore on Amazon

Originally posted by jodevizes View Post
    Hi, I have a webstore on Amazon. I have seen that I can use my own domain for it but I have to point to it via DNS, Can anybody help me please?
    Amazon says I need to use a CNAME and delete the A but I do not know if Vodahost requires an A record. Anybody know please?
    Timeless Fancy

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: How can I get my site on Vodahost point to my webstore on Amazon

"Pointing" your Domain Name to a storefront at Amazon requires you to know the Nameserver information (usually seen as a paired set of designations, i.e. ns1.vodadns.com and ns2.vodadns.com) to enter via the Customer Control Panel at the Domain's Registrar, and although a very simple procedure, is very different than changing CNAME records or even FORWARDING.

TUTORIALS: Making DNS and Nameserver Changes

If this is too complicated for you to follow, Contact Customer Support so they can help you make DNS Entries or FORWARD your Domain or make the CNAME change required.

* You asked in February how to make CNAME changes on your Domain for linking up with your "Shopify" storefront .... you should know that you can only designate one such DNS, FORWRDING, or CNAME change per Domain at a time, suggesting you may be confusing DNS, CNAME, FORWARDING, and possibly even simple LINKING (Linking to these multiple storefronts from a VodaHosted site is simple, and as such, it might do you well to review the Tutorials regarding any of these "solutions").
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
      X