• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomgodfrey18
    Staff Sergeant

• May 2006

User/traffic interactivity

Hi all, been ages since i last posted, hope your all keeping well.

I am currently striving to design a site which allows user interactivity. What i mean by this is - i wish each registered user/member of my site to be able to edit/control a part of the site themselves - which would be their 'profile'.
    The trouble i am up against is that i need to set parameters as to what they can edit - i.e - just name, details and company info etc. And obviously i want to make sure that they cannot access my vodahost account in anyway.

Would greatly appreciate any suggestions or guidelines on how to go about this.

Thanks in advance.

Tom
    Tom

http://www.gfc-local.com
    your local directory, for Burton on Trent
  • davidundalicia
    General

• Mar 2006

Re: User/traffic interactivity

Create a seperate folder/directory for each user and password protect that folder.
    provide a ftp link to that user which will only present a form with the details that they/you wish to change.

Going one step further, have the form details stored in a database which can then be used to check email/password.
    No need for a ftp link then as the form/details would then be interactively/directly available on the website page.

If you are interested have a look at the demo at: Database Managagement Systems
    and you can see an operational "latest Sales list" at The Wedding Dress Market.
    This list is updated by anyone who has a wedding dress for sale, and is completly interactive.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
    X