Advice on Alignment Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on Alignment Please

On previewing my webpage in Internet Explorer as the default browser, all is fine. And when I preview it in Firefox, hello, its like my pants fallen off. My objects, images, text are out of alignment. The same applies when I preview it in Maxthon. I can manipulate the design to fit a particular selected browser but then, it backfires to where I started in the first place.
    And due to multiple browsers out there I did not wish to submit my site if I hadnt fixed this. What am I not doing right here.

Cheers

Tim.

IE makes up 68.9% of browsers being used, Firefox about 18.8 % and is based on the Mozilla code, this may be why things don't appear as they should.

Comment

are you using 7.6.0?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

The best thing you can do it be as specific in your code as possible. Place everything by tables. For each column specify an align and valign. Place all images in a table that has the width and height set to the exact same width and height of the pixels in the image.

Also if you are using images within your template, like with border, or bars, use an image for the background image, not a background color. IE and Firefox sometimes interpret colors differently, so a background color may not match the image even if you are positive they are. So if you use an image as your background, they will match, even if the colors are interpreted different they won't be different shades.

Hope that helps

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
        X