Proper page layout for different resolutions......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shams
    Private First Class

• Oct 2007

Proper page layout for different resolutions......

I am a NOOB at this web stuff and had a question on the proper page layout size.......when i create at home the page looks fine but when i go to a different computer the page does display correct. What am i missing?? Site is still being worked on, minor issues........

Any help is greatly appreiciated!!!

www.shining-explorers.com

user: shams
    pass: shams11
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Proper page layout for different resolutions......

Hi there

To avoid sideways scroll on all computers, it is best to build your pages at '800 width, the length can vary, although long pages are not my favorite .. (those over 1200 or so) Building your page in this manner will ensure all viewers will see the same. It is best to use web friendly fonts, you can do a google search for that, and to check your page appearance in both most popular browsers, Internet Explorer and Firefox. (Personally, I find Firefox drops the text down a bit in some areas on the page, just watch for that and tweak the text between both browsers) It doesn't hurt to set your own computers text to large to get a glimpse as well, not many, but some do view in large text ...

Begin to build your pages at the top left and tight to the left and set your right margin at '800 ... then right click on your page, choose properties and tick center in browser ... you will also notice there is an area there for Title (this is different than naming your page for publishing) this area can be changed to reflect your page content ... this is what shows up in the lower toolbar on your computer - you might notice right now it says "Untitled Page" - this is where to change that ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X