How much time to renew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much time to renew?

My website/package expires somewhere around end of March. Even though that sounds like several weeks away, I prefer to not count on a last minute renewal because whenever something goes wrong ... better to do it a bit in advance, especially since my card info changed.

How much time in advance (or what is the deadline) do I need to enter the new card info to assure the renewal of my package for another year goes smoothly?
    "It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"

Re: How much time to renew?

it doesnt matter how far in advance you do it as the anniversary date stays the same. doesnt make sense not to do it a couple of weeks ahead of time. i dont think there is a cut off date or do or die date.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Please update your credit card details at least 7 - 10 days before expected renewal date, as, if the system "sees" an expired CC, it will NOT proceed.

Even if you renew earlier, the new period starts from the date of expiry, so you will not loose any time by renewing a bit earlier.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

The thing is that I have relocated recently and don't have internet at home yet. To sign in from insecure public terminals isn't a very pleasing thought. Isn't it possible to ring Vodahost billing and pass my new card's details per telephone (obviously after an identity check to prove that I am the owner of the domain and package)? That would bypass the security issue and make the renewal go smoothly AND worryless.

Comment

It is not wise. cc details are not known even to VH staff. The system is automatic.
          If you can't do it from your office or a friends computer, you can always proceed through Moneybookers I think....
          Submit a support ticket and see what VH support answers you.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I emailed the support team after I couldn't get through per phone (well, tried 3x so 3 calls from Spain to the States but hey, at least I tried :)). So let's see what the email response is on Monday (or tomorrow? not sure if billing works on Sundays)

WHOIS says expiry date is 29th March so even if no other options exist but to sign in and enter the card data, I still got a couple of weeks left to do that. I do hope another option exists (wire transfer? giving my card data to support per phone?) because public computers aren't the safest ... Anyways, let's see what the support team replies and if really needed I got a couple of weeks left to search for a safe computer. Although hopefully there's an easier solution.

PS: hopefully I'll have an ADSL connection home soon, the waiting and setting everything up again is one of the few downsides of the frequently relocating ...

Comment

Well, 4 days onwards and no response per email yet, no callback yet neither despite my number being mentioned in the email I sent to support(AT)vodahost.com and billing(AT)vodahost.com

I did receive an automatic response with the support ticket nr but since that moment no further replies. I tried ringing the support team twice but each time the voicemail message just says that I should email support (which I did 4 days ago!)

I'm not sure now :( but knowing that, according to the WHOIS, my domain (and thus account) expires 29th March, I guess I better look for a secured computer to make the payment... I was hoping an alternative way to pay (eg wire transfer or so) would exist, but no answer so far. Unless I receive a reply to the support ticket, I guess I better seek a secure computer rather than relying on the last days prior to expiry date of the domainname.

Comment

OK, I used the link in the automatic email sent to my inbox, and it seems my support ticket had the status "closed" ... Not sure how that's possible, it was never answered to and closing date and time were same as the date and time when I created the ticket. I re-opened the ticket now, hopefully with response in time.

If 29 March is the expiry date (according to WHOIS) and the new Visa data have to be there 10 days prior to renewal, then I guess I have time until 19th March to do so ... Although it would be nice to receive an answer from support a bit beforehand.

Comment

Working...
                X