index appears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• index appears

Very new to this stuff, so patience is the name of the game presently. My web site, www.christmasincamas.com, comes up with an index.html. I would like for the www.christmasincamas.com to show on the internet but am not sure what I have done to prevent it.

Your response will need to be in very clear English, as I am not well versed in web page development. Thanks in advance.

John

Re: index appears

I noticed when I click on the link in my above post, the proper page comes up. When I am on the internet and type in www.christmasincamas.com, an index appears when using Google or Hotsheet. I would prefer for the webpage to come up. How do I correct this?

Thanks in advance

John

Comment

Hi John,
      not sure what it is you're having trouble with........using Google your site comes up fine?
      Only thing I can think of is that you're not clear about what "index" means - the first page of any website is entitled "index" - this is what the web looks for. When you save a page as index in BV it will have a .bv suffix but this automatically changes to a .html suffix on publishing. Naturally, all other pages will be named differently & linked accordingly.
      hope this helps,
      david
      Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Your page takes 35 seconds to load on a 56K modem and 13 seconds on broadband. The normal load time is 8-10 seconds before a broadband user will click off a website. Your page is graphic heavy. You may want to make some changes.
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

I noticed when I click on the link in my above post, the proper page comes up. When I am on the internet and type in

, an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using , an index appears when using Google or Hotsheet.
          Cosmetic Surgery
          Boob Job

Comment

"I noticed when I click on the link in my above post, the proper page comes up. When I am on the internet and type in "

There is nothing wrong with your Cosmetic Surgery and Boob Job.

They appear fine when I type in the url.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pfeiffer View Post
              Very new to this stuff, so patience is the name of the game presently. My web site, www.christmasincamas.com, comes up with an index.html. I would like for the www.christmasincamas.com to show on the internet but am not sure what I have done to prevent it.

Your response will need to be in very clear English, as I am not well versed in web page development. Thanks in advance.

John

There is nothing wrong with your site John.

A word of advice. There is a Phsihing scam circulating on the net now asking surfers to install plugins.
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
              X