Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More then one index page

Hello All
    Have looked at the tutorials and searched the community support forum, cannot find exactly what I need.
    I have 5 domain names and I would like to use all five for different items.
    I have build the pages and named them. After publishing only the first name comes up. After I have my main index page, can I have more then one index page, like index_abcd.html? For clarity all pages are separate. Am I thinking correctly on this?
    Thank you for any help
    Steve1052

Re: More then one index page

Yes create a folder for each site (within your BV folder) and when you create the index page save it (along with all the other pages for that site) into that folder.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thank you
      My index page works, my other 4 pages do not. Two keep taking me to the original page I set up a month ago and two the internet cannot find?
      The first page was saved as index.
      The second page was saved as index_credit.html
      The other pages were saves in a similar way the second page was saved.
      I think I understand want you told me but things not working correctly.

Comment

index_credit.html isn't going to cut it. Each folder should have its own index page.

You say you have 5 domains (I am guessing you are using one of them anyway)

In BV create 4 additional folders (for simplicity, I'll call them website2, website3, website4, website5) in which to save the relative BV pages. Each folder will have its own index page (don't forget this).

On the server, use BlueFtp, log in etc etc and find your main website on the right (will call it website1). If this is your only website this will be in the public_html folder. In this folder create 4 new sub folders, again for simplicity I'll call them, website2, website3, website4, website5. Good you now have folders to publish to.

Now back to BV, open the folder you are working on and publish the pages to the correct folder on the server. You will have to manually edit the publishing dialogue box to public_html/website2 or public_html/website3 and so on

so a url may look like http://www.website1.com/website2

Hopefully this follows on from what Ed said using subfolders?

.................................................. ................................

The other way of course as you have other domains to use. is to create addon domains in the Cpanel. Make sure the domains name servers are those of VH. Folders will automatically be created on the server,

Same rules in BV, seperate folder for each content and similar rules for publishing

publish to public_html/website2.com

Each addon domain will have its unique url ie http://www.website2.com/ and so on.

Hope this helps?
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thank you both

Comment

Originally posted by steve1052 View Post
            Hello All
            Have looked at the tutorials and searched the community support forum, cannot find exactly what I need.
            I have 5 domain names and I would like to use all five for different items.
            I have build the pages and named them. After publishing only the first name comes up. After I have my main index page, can I have more then one index page, like index_abcd.html? For clarity all pages are separate. Am I thinking correctly on this?
            Thank you for any help
            Steve1052
            Hi Steve,

You can have as many websites with different domain names as you want.

You hosting account will remain as the 1st you registered with VodaHost.

Your public_html is set to the above domain.

All additional domains you will have to add as an " Add-On Domain" from your cPanel.

They will appear as a Folder in your "public_html".

Under these folders which you had added your Add-On Domains will be all the other websites you created.

Publish your "index" pages for each different websites to their respective folders.

Note: You will only be provided One cPanel for all the Domains you added to your hosting account.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi Guys sorry I am back
              Not getting a handle on this. Tried your earlier response, still need help.
              Darren in your response you stated “If this is your only website”, it is not.
              Each domain will have it’s own website, I think this is why I cannot figure this out. I have the first website up and working, and is saved as index.html. The second and so on I have tried to save them with index_xxxx, without Index, just xxxx.html, and so on. All domains were added when I first started, so all are in Cpanel and FTP mgr already.
              How should these be saved so they will publish and show up on the web?
              Again
              Thank you
              Steve1052

Comment

let me try?
                1. you save your home page as index, not index.html or any other extension on the word index.
                2. now you have 5 more pages on this website and you call these page1, page2 etc... and you save these to your public_html
                • you have an add on domain website and it is called www.addonwebsite1.com - you have to develop this add on through your control panel. there is a very good tutorial on this. Before you start to make the pages:
                1. on your hard drive, in the blue voda folder you create a new folder called addonwebsite1
                2. you create a new home page for this website and you save it as index, again not index.html or any other extension for this page.
                3. you must save this page in the new folder that you created on your hard drive.
                4. you create the new page1, page2, etc.... and you save it to the folder you created on your hard drive.
                5. now you are ready to publish this and you make sure you have the proper ip address, username and password in the publish box. where you have public_html you put on the extension /addonwebsite1.com
                6. then you publish it.
                • you have a 3rd website and it is called www.addonwebsite2.com - again you develop this in the control panel
                1. you make a new folder on your hard drive in the blue voda folder called addonwebsit2.
                2. you make your home page for this site and you save it as index. make sure you save this page in the new folder
                3. you make all your pages for this site \
                4. you save all these pages in the correct folder
                5. you publish with the extension /addonwebsite2.com after public_html
                hope that helps.
                mrmagoo144
                www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thank you all

Comment

Hello Again
                    First thank you for your help. I don’t mean to belabor this point; maybe I am just not explaining myself correctly. Please be patient with me.
                    I had build a website with Nav bars, internal links the whole 9 yards. Everything worked just fine, except the desired results. So I dismantled it and created separate pages or sites. They are www.tdsproducts.biz (the main domain), then there are .org,. info, .net. The biz site works just fine, the others not so much, I get 404 errors or not found.
                    In the FTP Mgr I have the folders in public_html. When I click on them all of the info is there and things look good. All looks covered, ftp mgr, files in place, add on domains, etc. Do I have to save each site as index? Because when I build a site and save it, they end up in the Blue Voda Files (*.bvp) area. And only one index page is allowed. So how do I save the sites in this area so I can publish?
                    If there is a tutorial or something I should be reading or looking at please advise.
                    With the files in ftp mgr I tried to publish public_html/www.tdsproducts.org, but it did not work. Very sorry I am not getting this; please don’t give up on me just yet.
                    Thank you for your help
                    Steve1052

Comment

Steve you have to save the first page to any site as index.

With your publishing of this addon should be public_html/tdsproducts.org (leave out the www)
                      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

OK, thank you
                        Steve you have to save the first page to any site as index.
                        With all sites ending up in the Blue Voda (*.bvp) how do you do that? This is my problem. Everything else is working, I don't know why I can't get a handle on this.
                        public_html/tdsproducts.org, because I don't have the site saved as index this is why it is not working?

Comment

Steve I am based in the UK are you able to ring me?
                          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

I regret not at this time

Comment

Forward your number and the best NY time to call and I will see if I can work something out.

Comment

Working...
                              X