Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to publish without extensions?

Hi all,

Currently, whenever I publish my website, it's got the format of http://www.websitename/webpage.php

How can I publish without the extensions, so that it's http://www.websitename/webpage ?

Presumably, I would create a subdirectory in the public_html folder called webpage and save the .bvp file in there as index.php, which I did, but it gives me a lot of errors, being unable to find files in the public_html folder. How can I publish so that all necessary files are found?

Thank you!
    kamicon.net

Re: How to publish without extensions?

Why not provide a real working domain name to be looked at?

Let's approach your first obvious misunderstanding ....

1. Every website needs to have the first page named "index" which will display by default as the first page of the Domain/Directory upon landing (which is why you do not need to enter the page name or extension as part of the URL to arrive at the Domain). It is the only page to function like this, and must be published as "index" (with the proper formatted extension, i.e. ".html" or ".php" etc.) to every directory.
    2. Every page other than the "index" page must be published with and hyperlinked or entered into the browser with an extension, as this completes the required formatting that designates the Directory ID, what we call and what the WWW requires as the "URL" of that specific page. There are no exceptions.

See if you can follow this example:
    Link to Main Website: www.theluxurymall.com ... will land on "index" page
    Link to Page within Main Website: www.theluxurymall.com/policy.html ... will land on specific page within main website
    Link to Sub-Directory: www.theluxurymall.com/tampa ... will land on sub-directory "index" page
    Link to Page in Sub-Directory: www.theluxurymall.com/tampa/fashion.html ... will land on specific page within sub-directory

Sounds like you are also a bit confused on proper Domain creation (and maybe the types and uses) and the required/approved Publishing methods to each
    ... in addition to how to Save pages to the different domain types.
    It is highly irregular, for example, to create Sub-Directories simply to Save unpublished pages to and then to publish pages to the same without proper configuration as a separate website, let alone the misunderstood manner in which you are publishing (see numbers 2 and 3 in this post). This is the major dis-connect I can see firsthand, and should be clarified first.

These Forum items may help you sort out your issues on our own ...

> How To Save Your BlueVoda Pages ... (more info here)

> Useful Post Regarding Added Domain Creation, DNS Configuration, Publishing, and Linking

> Using Sub-Directories and Sub-Domains Properly

> How To Publish Your BlueVoda Pages ... (more info here)

> Complete Tutorial Archives (For Control Panel, BlueVoda, more)

It is not clever at all to not follow the prescribed methods and processes, and it's best not to waste time (yours or ours) looking for non-existent shortcuts. Diligently follow the Tutorials and established universal protocols for the predictable results.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X