Uploading pdf documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading pdf documents

Hi. I have saved pdf documents in a pdf file under Blue Voda. I add text to page to which I want to link the pdf to and type ../pdfs/the name of the file.pdf in the http://in the link area. I then log into control panel and click on file manager. I click on home directory for my website to open... I click on my public_html and then pds file under public_html. I then go to file upload and page comes up for uploading to /public_html/pdfs . I then browse for the pdf file I want to upload and bring into window. This is then uploaded into home directory.

However, when I go view my active site after making sure page is refreshed several times I see the text for the link but when I click on the text I get error 404. I make sure I save and publish the pages. Can someone help?

Thanks.

Re: Uploading pdf documents

Hi,

Please let us know your domain name so we can have a look at this and give you proper instructions!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi. My domain name is meridianstreetfoundation.net. I was able to link ---Case MSPC 14-03 4425 N. Meridian on www.meridianstreetfoundation.net/mspchome.html (Here is live link http://www.meridianstreetfoundation....20Meridian.pdf that is working.) The URL supplied by me in the edit Go Menu for this item is ../pdfs/MSPC 14-03 4425 N. Meridian.pdf

However I followed same steps and could not link ---Case MSPC 14-02 5701 N. Meridian (Under Agendas and Cases on page www.meridianstreetfoundation.net/mspchome.html) to its pdf linked to the file name (supplied under the go menu URL ../pdfs/MSPC 14-02 5701 N. Meridian.pdf ) I copied & pasted the document name from my pdf file under Blue Voda to prevent typing errors.
      I had a similar problem with Agenda 03-18-2014 linking it to its pdf. However, I had no problem linking ----Case MSPC 14-01 4057 N. Meridian to its pdf. I checked all to make sure each pdf was listed in the home directory under public_html/pdfs I give permission for user group world for read and user only for write. Permission 644.
      Let me know if you need more explanation.
      Thanks.

Comment

Hi, MSPC 14-02 5701 N. Meridian.pdf is not uploaded into the pdfs folder, you need to upload the pdf again and the link will work.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X