• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tobyrobe1
    Corporal

• Apr 2006

Viewing problems on large moniters

My website looks fine on my home PC and my laptop and other friends' home PCs, but on company computers the text changes and sometimes the text and photos overlap. I am trying to advertise my business and this looks very unprofessional on my part.

I'm being told by those with a web design background that it has to do with coding, but since this programs is dummy friendly, i don't know anything about coding.

Please HELP....

www.enchantingmakeupconcepts.com

Thanks,

Toby
  • Girlonthehill
    General

• Oct 2005

Re: Viewing problems on large moniters

Originally posted by tobyrobe1
    My website looks fine on my home PC and my laptop and other friends' home PCs, but on company computers the text changes and sometimes the text and photos overlap. I am trying to advertise my business and this looks very unprofessional on my part.

I'm being told by those with a web design background that it has to do with coding, but since this programs is dummy friendly, i don't know anything about coding.

Please HELP....

www.enchantingmakeupconcepts.com

Thanks,

Toby
    I suspect this may have something to do with the fonts you are using. They don't look like 'web friendly' fonts, is why I'm asking. What fonts are you using?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Bethers
      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

I also can't find anything on your site that would be causing it to display improperly on anyone's computer. I ran businesses and they use the same computers and displays we do. I looked at yours on IE and Firefox and with different resolutions with no problem.

I do have most fonts on my computer, so that could be a problem. The only way I could cause your website to display improperly was to change the default size of type for the screen. And if they do that, they'll have many websites with some overlapping in order to have the larger type.

I'm sorry, I don't have any other answer for you.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

• CatherineMarie
        Sergeant

• Jan 2006

I'm having the same problem with my website and don't know what to do. I've already sent a query to Vodahost support and they tell me that I have to design the page for 800x600 dispalys to ensure that it displays right.

Easy to say but how do I do this?!

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
        Catherine

Comment

• Bethers
          Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Catherine,
          Please don't post the same question in multiple areas. I just answered you where you posted it before.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
          X