• Show
Clear All

Re: Vivaldi font in Logomaker

Vasili: I use Vista home edition.

Comment

Originally posted by beng-mos@online.no View Post
      Vasili: I use Vista home edition.
      Well, at least you are being helpful! I dunno ..... it may very well be a VISTA issue for all I know, since this problem you are having is not really being duplicated on other User's systems (beyond the one or two that commented in this thread). Either that, or a connection issue, since you can see the Logo in Preview.

Is it Publishing properly, or is it just an issue when "working" on the page?
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

posting a link to the page that is published with this issue would really help the ones trying to help you with this problem, beng...
        Karen Williams
        Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Originally posted by karenwms63 View Post
          posting a link to the page that is published with this issue would really help the ones trying to help you with this problem, beng...
          Not necessarily --- a simple "Yes" or "No" answer to the question or whether or not it publishes fine or not, or if it is just a quirk in the "preview/design" process would be fine (I have asked multiple times already).

The issue was originally posed as such anyway (not properly presenting in the configuration, and the Preview being funky too), so a link to the page instead of an answer about how it publishes renders the issue moot (the main thing is that it PUBLISHES properly). The remainder is up in the air as to if it is a VISTA or BV bug ....

Comment

Cool, I understand, Vasili.

I am very interested in this thread being a vista user myself.
            Karen Williams

Comment

Take over then, Karen, cuz I am not a VISTA fan or user at all, and I suspect that despite what has been pushed in front of us that BV10 is VISTA-ready pretty much depends on VISTA being all it is claimed to be (in all cases) as well. Besides, the BV anti-bug process was overly long as well...

Just getting the simplest answers to questions and stuff is like pulling hen's teeth on top of it too ...... (like here). Run with it Girlfriend, run!
              Maybe you can get Naval in on this...

Comment

Ya got that right.....hen's teeth and all.....LOL

Wish I had the capabilities to even possibly consider your request......not likely......LOL

Just following the direction my plans lead me...and trying to deal with the possible results...can't get the word off my tongue and to keyboard....COMPENSATE (spelling?)...that's it...compensate for possible negative results.

I like vista, but have run into several bugs of vista myself. Several updates recently have alleviated my issues, (thank you updates), and trying to avoid any unforeseen issues. I would like to have a solid plan, no infrastructure weaknesses, before plunging forward.

I guess it safe to say that, at this point, that any non-browser-friendly fonts should be dealt with as an image to ensure that all users view a site as the builder intends. In dealing with the BV logo maker on this particular font.....well...ya can't have it all...free builder, killer hosting, awesome forum, unequaled support, feedback from some of the best minds online,.....

so you got to change font or live without a BV logo,........spend the bucks required for a custom made logo.........your logo is the first part, step, consideration, etc. of your brand......or build your own logo using another font or software........more than one way to skin a cat!

It all boils down to Plan Your Work and Work Your Plan

P.S. I feel your pain on that link, Vasili, like fingernails on a chalkboard....LOL
                Karen Williams

Comment

Originally posted by karenwms63 View Post
                  Ya got that right.....hen's teeth and all.....LOL

I guess it safe to say that, at this point, that any non-browser-friendly fonts should be dealt with as an image to ensure that all users view a site as the builder intends. In dealing with the BV logo maker on this particular font.....well...ya can't have it all...free builder, killer hosting, awesome forum, unequaled support, feedback from some of the best minds online,.....so you got to change font or live without a BV logo,........spend the bucks required for a custom made logo.........your logo is the first part, step, consideration, etc. of your brand......or build your own logo using another font or software........more than one way to skin a cat!
                  I feel like I am sounding like a broken record .... "Anyone even bother to try #2 and #3 in my Post #2 above yet???"

Carry on, Colonel, carry on!

Comment

This is my site, karen: www.viskalgjoredet.com

Comment

I just tried it in Vista Home Edition and the font disappears on the logo screen totally. I tried publishing and it still remains blank.. so.. its an issue with Vista and most likely the type of font that it is. Could be a post script thats installed with this edition as its available in several formats for SALE

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by beng-mos@online.no View Post
                        This is my site, karen: www.viskalgjoredet.com
                        Det ar bra og mane pen! Versa godt!

Comment

Tusen takk, Vasilli!

Its our wedding-page and its not an advanced one, but i am glad you liked it!!

Comment

BTW: Since you are volunteering in the discussion, maybe you should declare if you are using XP or VISTA (since we do not have similar info from the original poster), which may ultimately characterize the issue as either a "bug" or an "exception."
                            I declare...
                            I'm using XP

I hope that assists you with your own volunteering efforts in this thread Vasili :)

Comment

Working...
                            X