• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marincky
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: the advantages of transferring domain name

To be honest with you I always think it's best to be your own administrator of domain names. I can go into my account , change the server names, stop a domain, sell it, whatever I want to do with it. So for me transferring it over seemed to go against that
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• Jeremy
      Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

LOL .. no clue why I couldn't understand your question. Thank you Marincky for helping me out and congrads on that promotion to Second Lieutenant!
      Best regards,
      Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• Andy128
        Major General

• Dec 2005

Mostly answered, but......

The advantage is having everything under one roof.

Godaddy will direct to the vodahost servers with no problem.

Other than that- not much of an advangtage that I can figure.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by bobingeorgia
          Florida is a big state with lots of hurricanes and bugs and many yankees ...LOL! Its HOTTT also.
          You answered the second question saying you did not know of any advantages to moving the domain name to vodahost. but I suspect there may be advantages that we are unaware of.
          Careful...although I grew up in California (and am here in my offices now) I am returning to my beloved Tampa area ASAP! The only hordes of Yankees I can easily identify all have blue hair and cannot be seen behind dashboards as they drive...

**And to have "a General" answer "your second question" about whether or not there are advantages to transferring domains from GoDaddy to VH:
          Shhh! I presently have 122 domains registered in my name (not all purchased via) but currently residing at GoDaddy even yet. My original reasoning was that renewals cost half as much there as they would here, and the sheer number made the numbers marginally significant, business-wise. However, I have come across some interesting instances where it will be advantageous to have them actually be the Primary domain on the accounts (not just for the email issues and logistics), but in strictly eCommerce applications certain dominant navigation and SEO variables that dictate 'hard-rank.' For most BV sites and what I still consider "light-to-medium function websites," it (DNS vs. transfer) poses no difference other than a degree of complexity for new accountholders, I suppose.
          I know that upon completion of each "segment" of my websuite development more of my accounts will be "hard-wired" with domains officially transferred.
          For me, it all comes down to intricate applications registrations (not like registering new software, but as in precise alignment of software function/languages = "walk-away" stability and reliability) and SEO strategy...and honestly, the monies I am saving here at VodaHost on hosting and those little "extras" with each account far outweigh any further resistance on my part to fully commit as I declare!!!

I am working as fast as I can, General VodaHost!!!!
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• bobingeorgia
            Sergeant

• May 2006

thanks
            God Bless

Comment

Working...
            X